kattil mekkathil ambalam ponmana – Instructions and details about bell offering
Guidelines to visit kattil mekkathil temple and location details
kattil mekkathil temple is recently popular kshethra, thousand of devotees vised this blessed earth by the unique peculiarity bell hanging on the tree which situated in the temple compound. The bell hanging aims the fulfillment of the wishes of the devotees.the wondering thing which survived even after tsunami in 2004. Actually this temple is established between a lake and the sea. This beautiful atmosphere will be a great experience for the visitors.
District:- It located at panmana in kollam district near to karunagappalli at a distance of 17 km from north and 8 km
from neendakara via NH66.
Bus- Chavara and karunagappali are the nearest bus stations near to kattil mekkathil temple at distances 8 and 17
Rail- Karunagappali is the nearest rail head is about 18 km away
Air- Trivandrum international airport is about 83 km away from kshethra.
Guidelines and Offerings
1. Temple is sandwiched between lake and sea, so that heavy boat is used by the authority to located at
the destination, no money needed for this.
2. keep queue before entering the boat on each side.
3. Visit temple counter to take the receipt for the offerings, the receipt for bell is also from here.
4. If there is a group of people for bell offering, they will choose same color of basket to put the receipt of bell
offering. baskets are available near the counter. there is only 30 rupee for the bell.
5. Keep queue to visit the temple deity sree bhadrakali, two sub deities ganesh and durga are also place on each side of main deity.
6. The bell is taken out after poojas from the sanctum and give back for the devotees, there are separate queues for
the devotees according to their color of basket when the bell is put.
7. Seven rounding is need for hang the bell on to the banyan tree.
8. Daily ponkala is takes place here, devotees who take part in the ponkala after fulfill their wish by hanging the
bell in seven times.
Morning- 5.00 am to 12.00 pm
Evening- 5.00 am to 8.00 pm